Thursday, March 28, 2013

Exciting variety of compositions from sensei Meenu and her students

Sensei Meenu and her students displayed a variety of styles and variations in our annual exhibition.  From no-kenzan compositions to minimal interpretations to sing of local material, enjoy the compositions below.

By Meenu - Inspired by the marsh I see everyday from my window.  In a black moribana fibreglass suiban,
I have used tamarind branches and guava branches without kenzan, canna buds, amaralyis and water hyacinth.
I think l will call it The nest.
By Meenu - "Connections".  The unusual shaped ceramic containers were connected with  wanda orchids, green mocha orchids and a colored bamboo vine
By Meenu - "Twin Towers"  The woven branches of palm added an unusual touch, and the interesting openings in the vase were used to add colour with button chrysanthemums.
By Divya - Using the openings of the ceramic vase, and adding height with the tall bird of paradise
By Divya - Teak branches used  in a composition in the open style variation

By Meenu - Minimalism.  Brds of Paradise flowers with hosta lily leaves in a ceramic vase.


By Zaitoon - A simple tabletop with sans savera leaves and gladioli flowers



By Meenu - I call this Kalpataru.  Two cleaned and polished coconut shell form the base, inside which I have placed a small container that holds the flowers and greens. 

         Materials used were 2 coconut shoots,3 mocha orchids,a branch of alamanda



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look good Meenu! Malathi.

Anonymous said...

Divya you show much promise, be at it and you will discover 'wonder'with plant material and containers.
Zaitoon, a very good beginning, you too please be at it. Diligence pays. Malathi.

priya krishnan said...

I would like to learn. I'm priya and my email is krishnan.priya@gmail.com.

Please could you inbox me your phone number? Ill call
You about classes.

Thanks.