Workshops in December and January

A rather late Happy New Year to all. I am guilty of procrastination and lethargy - not a good way to start 2010 is it?

I was rather sternly reminded to get a move on and "post the pictures" of our December and January workshops, and so on this Republic Day holiday, I resolve to do just that!

Next month, our annual exhibition is likely to take place, and more details will be posted once plans are finalised.

First of all, our December workshop. We spread ourselves in various part of sensei Malathi's home (Ok Prerana, I can just see you laughing at my sentence!)

We were to focus on nagiere vases and fixtures, and my efforts to use five materials is on the left.

The arrangements were far better than these pictures below - they are from my mobile 'phone. (As usual, Venkatesh, I forgot to take my camera.)

January workshop


Once you read this and tell me who did the arrangements that I haven't marked or marked wrongly, I will edit the post again!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Republic Day!! Good Job Ambika!! I can see people's Ikebana is getting better and better!! Trishla's experiment with the large space is good. I like Chitras Horizontal arrangement, Molly's gerbera arrangement. From the January workshop, Chitra's arrangement with umbrella plant and palm berries is really beautiful. Ambika's ring vase arrangement is nice. You mean, strong vertical line to balance the large leaf? Very good work by the Chennai group!! Looking forward to the exhibition!!!

Venkatesh